By creating an account, viewing videos, making a purchase, downloading our software, or otherwise visiting or using our Services, you accept this Agreement and consent to contract with us electronically.
If you are an entity other than a natural person, the person who registers the account or otherwise uses our Services must have the authority to bind the entity. In this context, “you” means both the entity and each person who is authorized to access the account.
We may update this Agreement by posting a revised version on our website. By continuing to use our Services, you accept any revised Agreement.
2. Our Services
Service License: Subject to the terms hereof, we grant you access to our Services. This includes the right to:
- Stream videos that you have the right to view;
- Post comments and react to content on our platform;
- Upload, store, and stream videos, subject to your plan;
- Use all related functionality that we may provide.
Features: The features available to you will depend on your membership level. We may change features from time to time. If you have a paid account, we commit to providing access to the most content and features available at the time of your subscription.
Transactions: We may offer digital goods for sale. Purchases of On Demand videos are governed by our Purchase Agreement.
Third Parties: We may provide links to and integrations with websites or services operated by others. Your use of each such website or service is subject to its terms of service.
Registration: You may create an account to use certain features we offer. To do so, you must provide an email address. By creating an account, you agree to receive notices from treepy.net at this email address.
Age Requirements: You must be at least 18 years old or the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction, whichever is greater, to create an account or otherwise use our Services.
Parents and Guardians: If you believe your child is using your account, please contact us immediately so that we can disable access.
Account Security: You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including unauthorized activity. You must safeguard the confidentiality of your account credentials and may not share your account credentials with anyone. If you are using a computer that others have access to, you must log out of your account after each session. If you become aware of unauthorized access to your account, you must change your password and notify us immediately.
4. Subscription Plans
Plan Types: We offer free memberships and paid subscriptions that allow you to access video content. At our discretion, we may invite members to become contributors that can provide content to the site. Subscribers do not have the ability to add content to the site included with their membership.
Tree Spy Watcher: A free level of membership for joining the site. Membership grants access to all public level content and ability to comment and react to content posted on the site.
Tree Spy Supporter: A premium membership level that grants access to our full library of published content. Membership fee must be paid to maintain access. Access to content will be removed upon termination of the subscription or non-payment.
Free Trials and Discounts: We may offer free-trial or discounted subscriptions. When a free-trial period ends, your paid subscription begins (unless you have cancelled) and you must pay the full subscription fee. If we provide a discount for the first subscription period, you must pay the discounted fee; in any renewal, you must pay the full fee.
Refund Policy: Subject to the terms hereof, Self-Serve subscribers who purchase plans directly from treespy.net may cancel and receive a full refund of their initial purchase within thirty (30) days after purchasing an annual plan and five (5) days after purchasing a monthly plan. Our refund policy does not apply to:
- Fees charged immediately after a free-trial period ends;
- Attempted abuse of the refund policy (i.e., by subscribing and requesting refunds repeatedly);
- Subscription renewals or migrations to other plans;
- Fees other than annual or monthly subscription fees;
- Requests made after the specified periods;
- Customers who have breached this Agreement or whose accounts were terminated for violations of our Copyright Policy;
- Customers who joined using a promotion that expressly disclaimed our refund policy; or
- Customers who have initiated a chargeback dispute;
Automatic Renewal: To the extent permitted by applicable law, subscriptions automatically renew at the end of each subscription period unless cancelled beforehand. Monthly plans renew for 30-day periods. Annual plans renew for one-year periods. You must pay the annual or monthly fee (plus any taxes) when each renewal period starts. Unused storage, bandwidth, and other usage limits do not roll over.
Patreon Supporters: Unless otherwise stated, subscription payments are collected on the 1st of every month. Your subscription remains valid until the next payment period. If your payment is declined or cancelled before the next renewal, your subscription will be downgraded at the start of the following month.
Lapse Policy: When a subscription ends, the account will, revert to Tree Spy Watcher status or will be deleted. Any content in the account may be deleted to comply with the limitations of the new account status. Treespy.net shall not be responsible for the loss of any content. We may publish additional guidelines regarding the treatment of lapsed subscriptions. These guidelines describe current practices only and shall not require Treespy.net to provide any level of post-subscription account status.
Resale: You may not sell, resell, rent, lease, or distribute any plan or any other aspect of our Services to any third party unless authorized by us in writing. We may suspend or terminate accounts sold via authorized resellers for non-payment to the reseller or any violation of the restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
5. Acceptable Use Policy
We may allow you to create, upload, live stream, submit, or publish (collectively, to “submit“) content such as videos, recordings, images, and text (collectively, “content“). You must ensure that your content, and your conduct, complies with the Acceptable Use Policy set forth in this Section 5. treespy may (but is not obligated to) monitor your account, content, and conduct, regardless of your privacy settings. treespy may remove or limit access or availability to any content or account that it considers in good faith to violate this Copyright Policy or violates applicable laws.
5.1 Copyright Policy
You may only upload content that you have the right to upload and share. Copyright owners may send treespy a takedown notice as stated in our Copyright Policy if they believe treespy is hosting infringing materials. We will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of persons who repeatedly infringe.
5.2 Content Restrictions
You may not submit any content that:
- Infringes any third party’s copyrights or other rights (e.g., trademark, privacy rights, etc.);
- Promotes a sexual service;
- Is defamatory;
- Is harassing or abusive;
- Contains hateful or discriminatory speech;
- Promotes or supports terror or hate groups;
- Contains instructions on how to assemble explosive/incendiary devices or homemade/improvised firearms;
- Exploits or endangers minors;
- Depicts or encourages self-harm or suicide;
- Depicts (1) unlawful real-world acts of extreme violence, (2) vivid, realistic, or particularly graphic acts of violence and brutality, (3) sexualized violence, including rape, torture, abuse, and humiliation, or (4) animal cruelty or extreme violence towards animals;
- Promotes fraudulent or dubious money-making schemes, proposes an unlawful transaction, or uses deceptive marketing practices;
- Contains false or misleading claims about (1) vaccination safety, or (2) health-related information that has a serious potential to cause public harm;
- Contains false or misleading information about voting;
- Contains (1) claims that a real-world tragedy did not occur; (2) false claims that a violent crime or catastrophe has occurred; or (3) false or misleading information (including fake news, deepfakes, propaganda, or unproven or debunked conspiracy theories) that creates a serious risk of material harm to a person, group, or the general public; or
- Violates any applicable law.
5.3 Code of Conduct
In using our Services, you may not:
- Use an offensive screen name (e.g., explicit language) or avatar (e.g., containing nudity);
- Act in a deceptive manner or impersonate any person or organization;
- Harass or stalk any person;
- Harm or exploit minors;
- Distribute “spam” in any form or use misleading metadata;
- Collect personal information about others without their authorization;
- Access another’s account except as permitted herein;
- Engage in any unlawful activity; or
- Cause or encourage others to do any of the above.
5.4 Prohibited Technical Measures
You will not:
- Except as authorized by law or as permitted by us in writing: scrape, reproduce, redistribute, frame, mirror, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, alter, archive, or disassemble any part of our Services; or attempt to circumvent any of our security, rate-limiting, filtering, or digital rights management measures;
- Remove or modify any logo, watermark, or notice of proprietary rights embedded on or in the Services or any output thereof without our permission;
- Submit any malicious program, script, or code;
- Submit an unreasonable number of requests to our servers; or
- Take any other actions to manipulate, interfere with, or damage our Services.
5.5 Restricted Users
You may not use our Services if you:
- are a terror or hate group or a member thereof;
- have been designated by a U.S. agency as an entity that we may not contract with (e.g., a Specially Designated National); or
- are subject to sanctions by a non-U.S. government such that we would be required to block your videos in a substantial number of countries in which we provide service.
You may not purchase goods or software services from us if doing so would violate any U.S. sanctions. You hereby make a continuing representation that you are in compliance with the foregoing restrictions.
6. Licenses Granted by You
6.1 Your Content & License
“Your Content” means all content or information (including, without limitation, any text, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics, data, or software) in any medium, provided by You in conjunction with Your use of the Services. “Third-Party Content” means any content, software, or other computer programming material that is owned by an entity other than treespy.net. You always retain ALL rights to Your Content. However, in order to permit You to display Your Content on the site, treespy.net is legally required to obtain a license to Your Content from You. Accordingly, You hereby grant to Treespy.net the limited, nonexclusive right and license to copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, create derivative works from, modify, and otherwise use Your Content solely for the purpose of rendering the Services under this Agreement. Such limited right and license shall extend to no other materials or for any other purpose.
You represent and agree that Your Content does not include any content that infringes on any third party’s intellectual property or publicity/privacy rights, does not violate any applicable law or regulation, and does not contain any harmful material, such as viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage or interfere with any system, data, or personal information.
Notwithstanding any limitations in the foregoing, You hereby grant to Treespy.net permission to use Your name, company name, logo, trademarks, and screenshots of Your forum in Treespy.net’s marketing materials and on the Website to identify You as a customer of Treespy.net.
6.2 Your Video Content
Under select membership plans, you may submit video content to our archives. By submitting a video, you grant Treespy.net permission to:
- Stream the video to end users;
- Embed the video on third-party websites;
- Make the video available for download;
- Transcode the video (create compressed versions of your video file that are optimized for streaming);
- Generate stills (i.e., “thumbnails”) from your video to represent it (if you have not selected one);
- Alter or enhance your video as directed by you.
If you have enabled a video privacy setting or disabled downloading or embedding, we will limit distribution of your video pursuant to your selection. By enabling access to your video to any third party, you grant each such person permission to stream (and/or download or embed, as applicable) your video. For the purposes of this Section 6.2, your video includes its title, description, tags, and other metadata.
The license period begins when you submit the video to Treespy.net and ends when you or Treespy.net delete it; provided that Treespy.net may retain archival copies: (a) for a limited period of time in case you wish to restore it; (b) when the video is the subject of a takedown notice or other legal claim; or (c) when Treespy.net in good faith believes that it is legally obligated to do so.
6.3 Account Profile
You grant Treespy.net permission to use your name, likeness, biography, trademarks, logos, or other identifiers used by you in your account profile for the purpose of displaying such properties to the public or the audiences you have specified. You may revoke the foregoing permission by deleting your account. Treespy.net shall have the right to identify public profiles in its marketing and investor materials.
6.4 Other Content; Feedback
Content that is not covered by the licenses set forth in Sections 6.1, 6.2, or 6.3 shall be governed by this Section 6.4 (e.g., text you submit in comments). You grant Treespy.net a perpetual and irrevocable right and license to copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, and display such content through online means in connection with our Services. If you make suggestions to Treespy.net on improving our products or services, Treespy.net may use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
6.5 Scope of Licenses
All licenses granted by you in this Section 6: (a) are non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free; (b) include the right and license to copy, use, distribute, publicly perform, and display the licensed work for the purposes stated above; and (c) include all necessary rights and licenses to allow us to exercise our rights and perform our obligations. By granting these licenses, you waive any so-called “moral rights” that you may have. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed a license “condition” applicable to Treespy.net; rather, any breach of a term by Treespy.net hereof shall give rise to, at most, a claim for breach of contract only. All licenses granted herein are in addition to any other licenses that you may grant (e.g., a Creative Commons license).
7. Your Obligations
7.1 Representations and Warranties
For each piece of content that you submit to or through Treespy.net, you represent and warrant that:
- You have the right to submit the content to Treespy.net and grant the licenses herein;
- Treespy.net will not need to obtain licenses from any third party or pay royalties to any third party with respect to the streaming or other permitted distribution of the content;
- You have obtained appropriate releases (if necessary) from all persons who appear in the content;
- The content does not, and will not, infringe any third party’s rights, including intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, moral rights, and privacy rights; and
- The content complies with this Agreement and all applicable laws.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Treespy.net and its subsidiaries, parents, and affiliates, and their and our respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third-party complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising from or relating to: (a) the content you submit to or through the Services; and (b) allegations of actions or omissions by you that (regardless if proven) would constitute a breach of this Agreement.
8. Term and Termination
This Agreement begins when you first use our Services and continues so long as you use our Service or have an account with us, whichever is longer. Paid accounts will continue for the subscription period and will renew in accordance with Section 4 above. With respect to users who do not have a subscription plan (i.e., free users), (a) Treespy.net may terminate this Agreement at any time by providing thirty (30) days’ written notice, and (b) applicable users may terminate at any time by deleting their accounts.
If you breach this Agreement, Treespy.net may, at its option: (a) terminate this Agreement immediately, with or without advance written notice; (b) suspend, delete, or limit access to your account (and other accounts you control) or any content within it; and (c) to the extent permitted by applicable law, retain any amounts payable to you (which you forfeit). If Treespy.net deletes your account for breach, you may not re-register.
In the event of any termination or expiration, the following sections will survive: Section 6.4 (Other Content; Feedback), Section 7.2 (Indemnification), Section 9 (Disclaimers), Section 10 (Limitation of Liability), Section 11 (Disputes, Arbitration, and Choice of Law), and Section 12 (General Provisions).
TREESPY.NET PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. YOU USE THE SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. You must provide your own device and internet access.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TREESPY.NET DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Among other things, Treespy.net makes no representations or warranties:
- That our Services, or any part thereof, will be available or permitted in your jurisdiction, uninterrupted or error-free, completely secure, or accessible from all devices or browsers;
- That we will host, make available, or remove any specific piece of content;
- Concerning any content submitted by or actions of our users;
- That any geo-filtering or digital rights management solution that we might offer will be effective;
- That we comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), or any other industry-specific privacy obligations;
- That our Services will meet your business or professional needs;
- That we will continue to support any particular feature or maintain backwards compatibility with any third-party software or device; or
- Concerning any third-party websites and resources.
10. Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) TREESPY.NET SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, GOODWILL, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, EVEN IF TREESPY.NETHAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; AND (B) TREESPY.NET’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, EXCEPT FOR TREESPY.NET’S CONTRACTUAL PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS HEREUNDER (IF ANY), SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO TREESPY.NET OVER THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING YOUR CLAIM(S) OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (USD $100), WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
11. Disputes, Arbitration, and Choice of Law
If you are dissatisfied with our Services for any reason, please contact us first so that we can try to resolve your concerns without the need for outside assistance.
11.1 Choice of Law
Any disputes relating to this Agreement or your use of our Services will be governed by the laws of New York State and the United States of America (with respect to matters subject to federal jurisdiction such as copyright), without regard to principles of conflicts of law. The arbitration agreement set forth in Section 11.3 will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
11.2 Choice of Venue for Litigation; Jury Trial Waiver
Except for matters that must be arbitrated (as set forth below), you and Treespy.net agree that any action relating to this Agreement or your use of our Services must be commenced in either the Commercial Division of the New York State Supreme Court for New York County or the United States Federal Court for the Southern District of New York; you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. IN ANY SUCH ACTION, TREESPY.NET AND YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
11.3 Arbitration of Privacy Claims; Class Action Waiver
The exclusive means of resolving any Covered Privacy Claim (defined below) shall be BINDING ARBITRATION. The arbitration will be administered by JAMS under the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures, as modified by our Arbitration Procedures. If you are a consumer, as defined by JAMS in its Consumer Minimum Standards, you may request that the arbitration hearing be conducted in the area in which you reside. Otherwise, the hearing (if any) shall take place in New York County, New York State, United States of America. EACH PARTY WAIVES ITS RIGHT TO GO TO COURT, TO A TRIAL BY JURY, AND TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, CLASS ARBITRATION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING WITH RESPECT TO ANY COVERED PRIVACY CLAIM.
Overview: Arbitration provides a private dispute resolution process that is usually more streamlined and less formal than litigation. In an arbitration, your rights will be determined by a neutral third party called an arbitrator, and not a judge or jury. Both you and Treespy.net are entitled to fundamentally fair proceedings at every stage of the arbitration, including the hearing. The arbitrator will decide all issues relating to the dispute, including the question of arbitrability, and can grant any relief that a court could grant. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. For details on the arbitration process, see our Arbitration Procedures.
Small Claims Court Exception: Notwithstanding the above, each party has the right to bring an individual Covered Privacy Claim against the other in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction pursuant to Rule 1 of JAMS’ Minimum Consumer Standards. If one party files an arbitration that could be litigated in such a small claims court, the responding party may request that the dispute proceed in small claims court. If the responding party requests to proceed in small claims court before the appointment of the arbitrator, the arbitration shall be administratively closed. If requested after the appointment of the arbitrator, the arbitrator shall administratively close the arbitration so long as the proceedings are at an early stage and no hearing has occurred.
12. General Provisions
Reservation of Rights, Severability: Treespy.net reserves all rights not expressly granted herein. Treespy.net’s rights and remedies are cumulative. No failure or delay by Treespy.net in exercising any right will waive any further exercise of that right. If any term of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that term will be limited or severed.
Force Majeure: Treespy.net will not be liable for any delay or failure caused by (a) acts of God/natural disasters (including hurricanes and earthquakes); (b) disease, epidemic, or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, armed conflict, sanctions or embargoes; (d) nuclear, chemical, or biological contamination; (e) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion, or accident; (f) labor or trade strikes; (g) interruption, loss, or malfunction of a utility, transportation, or telecommunications service; (h) any order by a government or public authority, including a quarantine, travel restriction, or other prohibition; or (i) any other circumstance not within Treespy.net’s reasonable control, whether or not foreseeable (each a “force majeure event”). In the event of a force majeure event, Treespy.net shall be relieved from full performance of the contractual obligation until the event passes or no longer prevents performance.
Relationship: You and Treespy.net are independent contractors of one another; neither party is an agent, partner, or joint venturer of the other. This Agreement binds the parties and their successors, personal representatives, and permitted assigns. You may not assign this Agreement to any person whose account has been terminated by Treespy.net or who is prohibited from registering; any such assignment will be void. Except as expressly stated herein, nothing in this Agreement confers any right on any third party.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties and supersedes all prior understandings regarding the subject matter hereof and may not be modified except in accordance with Section 1 or in a document executed by authorized representatives of Treespy.net. If you have a signed agreement with Treespy.net, any conflicting term of that agreement will prevail over the terms hereof, but only as to the subject matter of that agreement.
The English version of this Agreement shall control. For convenience, we may provide translated versions of this Agreement.
Notices: You must send any notices of a legal nature to us by email: